Wednesday, July 30, 2014

what i made: easy, breezy chambray skirt


//t-shirt, belt, sandals: thrifted / skirt: made by me//

This is one of my more recent sewing projects (I have another that I just finished, and I'm so excited to share it with you!), and probably one of the most versatile that I've created so far. It's just an easy skirt made with two loooooong rectangles, sewn together, then cinched to fit my waist, then I added a side zipper and a snap closure. I had also decided that I wanted a little something extra, so I added in a faux placket and stitched a line of buttons down the front. I think it adds the perfect retro touch. :) My only personal issue with the finished product is that it's a wee bit poofy...but that's not a huge problem. Other than that, I love it. 

This week is my second to last week of my summer class before I get one whole week of break...woohoo! This constitutional law class has been fascinating and I've learned a LOT, but I'm so excited to be done with the hundreds of pages of reading per week and essays and tests. It's been one of the most stressful classes I've ever taken, just based on the sheer amount of coursework. Still, very much worth it. 

Hope you all are having a fantastic week!

7 comments:

  1. I could totally steal that skirt from you, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, what a pretty skirt! And I LOVE chambray ... I bet it's nice and cool and swooshy for summer! :-D Wonderful job!

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is beautiful, and I bet it is super versatile like you said! I may need to make something similar. :)
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just inspired me to make my own! Lovely pictures, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! And I love the colour.
    I hope classes go well for you. They can be very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is the perfect length! I wish I can sew this! I also love how you paired it with a simple tee!

    -Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete