Friday, March 25, 2011

What I've been up to...

I feel like I go through this every time I blog, but I'm sorry for not posting in so long! I've just finished my finals for the winter quarter, and I'm free for an entire week...then classes will start up again. This quarter I'm taking biology, English composition 2, and American government. I'm pretty excited for all of them! It'll be nice to start new classes, though I must admit, I'll kinda miss my old ones, haha.

Anyway, I've been doing some sewing lately, and I recently refashioned an old skirt and shirt into a tunic-y top...it's a shirt that wants to be a dress but is really too short for that, haha. The shirt I used is one of my favorites...but I outgrew it awhile ago, and it was passed on to my sisters. Now they've outgrown it, and it made it into my sewing pile.(: Since it was one of my favorites, I knew I had to make it into something really special. The skirt is a hand-me-down which I always liked because if the sweet asymmetrical hem, but for some reason never wore. When I was trying to think of something to do with the shirt, I somehow connected the two, and started sewing.

Here's what I came up with:


It reminds me of a mix of renaissance princess and Edwardian styles.(: Very romantic.



What do you think?(:

And here's an extra shot for you - this little guy moves so much that it's hard to get a good picture; this is the first one.



Isn't he a cutie-pie? ^^

Have a lovely day!
-Vicki

3 comments:

  1. its very cute..& more interesting when i read that you made it stylish..silky fabric is always gorgeous:-)

    p.s you are looking so different without eye glasses..hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - I can't begin to say how much I LOVE your little birdie! o.O Lovebird, yes? I just want to reach through the screen and pet him! Sooo fluffy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's actually a parrotlet! But he's very soft and sweet...and we've taught him to say "cute and fluffy." ^^ which is pretty much all he ever says, but it's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete