Friday, March 17, 2017

Adelaide at Nine Months

Photo Mar 16, 1 55 47 PM
Photo Mar 16, 1 51 53 PM

I feel like it was only last week that I was typing up Adelaide's eight-month update, and now she's nine months old! She's been out of the womb for just about the same length she was inside, which is such a crazy thing to be able to say.

There weren't as many big changes in month eight as there were in the previous month, but more gradual changes, which I'm very much okay with. For one thing, Adelaide has graduated from army crawling to real, full-on, hands and knees crawling. She is still getting into everything, but she has started to pick up on the meaning of the word "no," and will back off, for the most part, when Josh or I tell her to. She's not happy about it, though, and we've started to see some small tantrums. Last month I had resigned myself to buying a playpen to keep her contained, but now I think we'll do just fine. She's starting to pull herself up on things, but she's not quite sure what to do with herself, and usually cries because she thinks she's stuck. She does love standing (supported), though, and she's eager to be walking!

Photo Mar 16, 1 53 05 PM
Photo Mar 16, 1 54 04 PM

She has started to say "Mama," which makes me pretty pleased. She also loves shaking her head "no." I don't know that she actually knows what it means yet, based on the big smile on her face, but she does usually shake her head in response to questions or requests, which I think means she's getting close. (She's going to be so stubborn. I can feel it.)

Adelaide got two teeth over the past month, and she's about to cut another two. Those few weeks crawled by for me. It felt like she was constantly fussy, and nothing seemed to help, so I felt about as frazzled and stressed as I was when she was first born. But her teeth are so cute!

Photo Mar 16, 1 42 30 PM
Photo Mar 16, 1 50 43 PM

Weaning is still going well-- she loves everything we've given her! If we're eating anything she can have, we share with her, and so far she hasn't rejected anything but the Gerber chicken we last tried a few months ago. Adelaide loves her squeasy snacker and gets so, so excited whenever I get it out. She feeds herself completely independently with that, and we feed her off our plates with spoons. I've been trying to incorporate more vegetables, and she really likes carrots, but her favorite food so far has been mangoes. She is also a huge fan of the Baby Mum Mums rice rusks and baby puffs.

Photo Mar 16, 1 47 34 PM

Bedtime has been a bit of a chore lately--we used to put her down every night at eight with no difficulty, but as of a few weeks ago, she's decided she wants to be up and playing with Dada and Mama...so she will cry unless we get her up and then she's all smiles. She does better if she goes down with a bottle, though. Typically she sleeps all night, wakes up between 5 and 7 for a bottle, then goes back to sleep until 8 or 9. I feel very blessed to have such a good sleeper. It's helped my sanity immensely!

Miss Baby is growing so fast, and the older she gets, the more I think she looks like her mama...Of course, everyone still says she's the spitting image of Dada, but when I look at my baby pictures, there's such a strong resemblance.

It's been another good month with my sweet girl, and I can't wait to see how she grows and changes over the next month!


2 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful watching them learn new skills! I both love and hate how fast my girl is growing up. It's going by too fast, but watching her discover or try something new makes my momma heart so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's so fun. A little stressful, because I'm not quite sure what I'll do once she figures out how to pull herself up on things, but she makes me so proud of her! :)

    ReplyDelete