Monday, September 26, 2011

She Wore Flowers in Her Hair...

Hi everyone!

Well...it's a beautiful rainy day today! Really, though, I do love the rain and the cool of autumn. Warm enough that you don't quite have to bundle up, but chilly enough that you can wear those lovely sweaters.(:

And besides...even if the weather outside is frightful, it's always so nice and cozy inside. ^^

Anyway, I wanted to share one of my more recent mixed-media projects, a little painting and a little collage. So I tore up some sheet music, article pages, and phone book pages, using them for the background, then took a woman's profile and a bunch of flower clippings, glued it all together on a porcelain tile, and went crazy with paint. At the end, I added one of my tracing paper butterflies.

This was the end result:



I hadn't originally intended to make her face a silhouette, but I really like the effect it has...it makes it simpler and helps the bright flowers to stand out.



And the butterfly adds a bit of dimension...(:



What do you think? This is one of my new favorite little pieces....I have it sitting on my bookshelf perched on a miniature easel.(:

Have a lovely day!

~Vicki

4 comments:

  1. Hello Enjoy the rain!
    I love this Master piece, the collage is too much fun !! its my favorite collage among all of your previous work!
    keep posting your creations dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to exchange photos to sketch! Please send me the photo you'd like me to sketch to : Atkersonfamily@aol.com (put Natasha in the subject line). I can either take a photo in the next few days, or you can just pick one of my blog if you like. It would be easier if you use one off my blog, because I may not be able to get anymore photos for awhile.
    Sounds like fun!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog, and I love it! Your artwork, refashions, and other projects are all simply amazing! I had lots of fun looking through your blogging archive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Very creative. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete