Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Decoupaged Easter Eggs

After Easter and all the baskets and egg hunts, I was left with a handful of plastic eggs. I knew I wanted to do something with them, but I wasn't sure what. Then I remembered what my friend Khadija had done to recycle her eggs -



So I took my telephone book pages and mod podge, covered the eggs, then added some lace and fancy silver and gold string. This is how they turned out:





I added them to a pretty glass bowl, along with some origami stars, and it was perfect!





Pretty, huh? And so simple, too!(:

Have a lovely day~!

~Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Wao..no doubt these are awesome!!!your version is more cute,the shiny thread over the lace is looking decent :)
    well i like the cute starts,would you like to share their tutorial any day?i will love to know their making..i want to touch these bubbly stars..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love how you put the letters on yours, though...(:

    The stars are a bit hard to detail, but I found this great tutorial if you want to make them. It takes a bit of practice at first, but it gets easier over time.

    http://www.origami-fun.com/origami-lucky-star.html

    ReplyDelete